“The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.” – Carly Fiorina
Data and fact driven approaches helps increase the overall accuracy of decision making. Having the necessary tools to process data swiftly allows decision making at the right time. Data volume is currently exploding beyond anyone’ expectations and here are some facts suggesting that –
- DATA volume created in the past two years far exceeds the data created in the history of human race.
- DATA is growing at the rate of 7 megabytes of new information created every second for every human being on the planet.
- In a span of five years there will be over 50 billion smart connected devices in the world, all developed to collect, analyze and share data.
Considering the rate at which digital information is being generated from various sources (Mobile, Internet of things, social media), there is a strong need for innovative and effective ways to analyze data. There is the added challenge of analyzing a combination of big data and enterprise data. In order to achieve the desired effectiveness, this Innovation will need not only the brightest minds with the process expertise but also the support of the right software solution.
Here are some use cases for bringing Enterprise data and Hadoop Data together –
New Product Ideas:
The success of a new product can be ensured with the correct data, right at the time of idea selection. Information about economic factors, market indicators, competitors along with others factors help generate a pattern to indicate the right ideas for the market. Monitoring customer sentiments can increase the overall chances of success. A software solution presenting a platform to generate reports leveraging product ideas from the enterprise system along with indicators from Hadoop is need of the hour.
To prevent fraud before it occurs, make DATA your best friend. There are multiple sources such as firewalls, system authentication, bank transaction, payment, unstructured system data, log files, security systems that provide evidence of fraud. This is definitely a significant chunk of data. Bringing the enterprise and Hadoop data together for reporting can help create patterns to proactively trace and identify fraudulent activities.
There are many more use cases in addition to these pertinent to the world of High Tech, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Finance, and Security
Enter, HANA Vora
The selection of the right solutions for the aforementioned scenarios depends on the 3 V’s of data: Volume, Velocity and Variety. SAP aims at focusing on big data by providing insight with HANA Vora. This enables OLAP analysis of Hadoop data while giving developers the option of bringing right contextual information, by combining Business transaction data and Hadoop data.
Capabilities of HANA Vora include:
- Use of in memory query engine to analyze big data stored in Hadoop.
- Ability to combine Big data with Enterprise data to improve OLAP reporting with Hadoop data.
- Simplification of big data ownership within a landscape by combining SAP HANA and Hadoop data.
In conclusion, SAP HANA Vora successfully bridges the gap between Enterprise and Hadoop data by bringing together highly distributed enterprise data framework.
Sign Up for More Updates
- MRP on SAP S/4HANA: Insight to Action - January 17, 2017
- Bridge Between Hadoop Data and Enterprise Data: SAP HANA Vora - June 15, 2016