Business Challenges Addressed by IBP
SAP BPC Optimized for S/4HANA Explained
- Cloud or On-Premise options available
- Embedded version is available in S/4HANA and utilizes planning functionality from SAP Integrated Planning (IP)
- Runs on SAP S/4HANA itself and does not require a separate BW instance.
- Replication of master and transactional data is no longer needed.
- More of a top-down planning tool, but may do bottom-up as well.
- Functions BPC serves best:
- Financial and Legal Consolidation
- Sales, Headcount, Capital Expenditure Planning, etc.
- Financial Reporting with Audit features and workflow
SAP BPC Embedded Features
- Fiori as Web UI
- Excel as interface for Planning
- Financial Operations topics from planning to consolidation of results
- BW IP/PAK is the planning engine
- Integrates with IBP both from a receiver and sender of information.
- What-if scenarios and situations are able to be investigated without changing the source data system
To further understand BPC & IBP features