WHAT IS AZURE CLOUD SERVICE?
Azure is an Internet-scale computing and services platform hosted in data centers managed or supported by Microsoft. It includes many separate features with corresponding developer services which can be used individually or together.
A cloud service in Azure consists of an application that is designed to run in the cloud service and XML configuration files that define how the cloud service should run. An application that runs as a cloud service in Azure implements one or more instances of the available web and worker role types.
How to publish a new ASP.NET Project to Azure?
Start by creating your new ASP.NET web app through Visual Studio.
- In the Solution Explorer of Visual Studio, right-click on the project and select Publish.
- In the Publish Web dialog box, click on Microsoft Azure Web Apps and sign into your Azure subscription.
- Click New in the Select Existing Web App dialog box to create a new Web app in Azure.
- Enter a site name and region. You can optionally create a new database server (If you’ve created a database server in the past, you could use that). When you’re ready to continue, click Create. For test and development, it’s best to use an existing server. There is no validation on the database password on this screen. You will have to make sure you confirm the password manually, before entering.
- On the Connection tab of the Publish Web dialog box, click Publish. You can view the Status in the Web Publish Activity window within Visual Studio.
How to publish an existing Web App to Azure?
To take advantage of the hosting services and scalability of Azure, you could migrate & publish your web app to Azure cloud service, and run it with minimal changes to your existing application.
To achieve this, the web application for Azure from Visual Studio should first be enabled. The following illustration shows the key steps to publish your existing web application by adding an Azure project to use for deployment. This process adds an Azure project with the required web role to your solution.
Note: Based on the type of web project that you have, if the service package requires additional assemblies for deployment, the project properties for assemblies are also updated.
How does Azure impact Developer and IT Pros’ productivity in general?
The integrated tools, pre-built templates and managed services make it easier to build and manage enterprise, mobile, Web and Internet of Things (IoT) apps faster. It takes advantage of skills you already have and technologies you already know, which makes Azure augment the productivity of any developer or IT professional within your organization.
What if my Enterprise doesn’t want to move to Azure?
There is a solution for that as well!
Azure easily integrates with your existing IT environment through the largest network of secure private connections, hybrid database and storage solutions, and data residency and encryption features — so your assets stay right where you need them. You can even run Azure in your own datacenter with Azure Stack. Azure hybrid cloud solutions give you the best of both worlds: more IT options, less complexity, and reduced cost.
Want to learn more about how your Enterprise can build and deploy Custom Apps to Azure? Reach out to me to know how GyanSys could help you implement and adopt Azure or Azure Stack to save costs and boost developer/IT-Pro productivity.
Azure Roles – https://goo.gl/kph9Tp
Sign Up for More Updates
- S/4 Pre-Project: Leverage Business Benefits by Implementing Material Ledger - September 15, 2020
- Recap: ASUG Chicago Chapter Meeting (July, 2017) - July 24, 2017
- Recap: ASUG Indiana Chapter Meeting (February, 2017) - February 21, 2017