Did you know that Material Ledger is mandatory in S/4HANA? Since SAP has extended ECC maintenance to 2027, take advantage of Material Ledger implementation as a stand-alone pre-project before your S/4HANA migration.
Why implement Material Ledger now?
Whether you are a CFO, controller or manager, SAP Material Ledger provides you with the accurate information allowing faster strategic ‘buy-source-make’ decisions.
Here are a few key drivers in your decision making process:
- Do your organizational Standards reflect Actual Cost on an ongoing basis?
- Is there an accuracy of Cost flow between Manufacturing Plants?
- How do you establish blended cost when product is procured and produced?
- How do you capture – Freight, Duty and Markup costs?
- Can you carry out multi-dimensional Analysis of Production Variances?
Here is how the Material Ledger integration flows across CO-PA:
When implemented properly, Material Ledger can bring transparency to valuation chain with:
- Variance Visibility across the Inventory Value chain from procurement to production
- Variances Allocation to product that are otherwise invisible
- Periodic Actual Costing a tool for faster strategic decisions
- Simultaneous Inventory Valuation in multiple currencies
Material Ledger can be implemented easily to deliver business value from the get-go, based on a detailed assessment of your business challenges, defined success metrics, and a clear roadmap.
How can GyanSys help?
GyanSys has provided significant value to our customers by implementing Material Ledger as a stand-alone project prior to S/4HANA migration. We will share successful customer case-studies on our clients take advantage of implementing Material Ledger now, rather than waiting until S/4 is implemented. We can assist you with our vast experience from across 25+ SAP S/4HANA implementations.
Our key deliverables:
- Review current standard cost practices in your organization
- Analyze current cost movement between plants – Inter and Intracompany
- Review all types of variances and provide detailed dataflow for allocating and absorbing variances at multiple level
- Provide key business inputs on how Material Ledger help them with Cost Analysis
- Analyze integration with COPA
- Roadmap and ML Implementation Schedule
Material Ledger implementation will add significant value today. It will also minimize the system downtime and simplify your S/4HANA migration in the future.
Interested in finding out more about implementing material ledger before your S/4 migration? Click here to contact us to schedule a session with our experts!
- S/4 Pre-Project: Leverage Business Benefits by Implementing Material Ledger - September 15, 2020
- Recap: ASUG Chicago Chapter Meeting (July, 2017) - July 24, 2017
- Recap: ASUG Indiana Chapter Meeting (February, 2017) - February 21, 2017